Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Vegi Delight

For some reason we have never had our own garden. I've always wanted one and this year we finally did it! We planted it two months ago tomorrow and its amazing how fast it has grown. I'm not too surprised though because that garden has gotten a lot of love! Kylie and I water it almost everyday and when Josh gets home from work he always scoops the kids up and heads outside to water all his plants. It won't be too much longer before we have a fridge full of homegrown vegi's. Here is everything we are growing:
green peppers
eggplant
cucumbers
zucchini
squash
tomatoes (lots of them!)
sweet peppers
banana peppers
jalapenos
datil peppers
strawberries

One mistake we made was making our planter too small. Next year we will have two.

We have a vacant lot next to our house and it made the perfect place to plant our garden!


Here is what it looks like today!

Now if I find any of my vegetables missing I'm coming after each and every one of you!!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! When are we going to get the invite for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon- First, this is Aunt Mary Grace. I don't know how to post this any other way than anonymous because it is asking me for a URL thingy that I don't know about. Tell me how to do this stuff....

    You are very impressive. I remember doing a garden like that when the kids were little. The zucchini got about as big as Christopher. Where are the pictures of the kids? We want to see pix.

    ReplyDelete