Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010


I've been wanting to make Kylie a pillowcase dress for a couple of weeks and I finally got around to it! I went to the only place in town that sells fabric....walmart...ugh and picked out the best they had. I paid $3.49 for the material and I have enough to make my niece a dress too! I didn't follow a pattern so it took me a little bit to figure out the arm holes. It took me about 45 minutes to make it.

When Josh came home from work I said "look at the dress I bought Kylie." He gave his usual glance and I could see what he was saying in his head "that's all she does is spend money." I quickly said "just kidding, I MADE IT!" All of the sudden he was interested in the dress and said what I great job I did:) I'm very excited to get some cute fabric and make another.

I'm also looking for cute fabric to make Ky some cute little shorts with a ruffle. This is very ambitious for me since I'm just a amateur sewer. I only know what I know from watching my mom when I was a kid. Hopefully I'll get around to making those soon!

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! It turned out so cute! Name it "McNitt Couture"... precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having zero sewing experience this may be silly to ask but is it a pattern you could do by hand our use a sewing machine? It turned out awesome...where do you buy the patterns from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shawna! You would have to use a machine or it would take forever! I didnt use a pattern for this, I just did it free hand. You can get patterns anywhere though walmart or hobby lobby would be the best around here. Glad to see your following us!

    ReplyDelete