Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tennessee Thanksgiving

Phew...I'm finally making my Tennessee post. I dread posts with a lot of pictures, they download so slow! Anyways, we had another great trip to Tennessee over the Thanksgiving holiday. We went to a friends Christmas tree farm in North Carolina and cut down our first REAL Christmas tree! I've never had a real tree, ever! We got a beautiful 10 foot tree, strapped that bad boy to the top of the car and toted it back to Florida. We made a full Thanksgiving dinner in the tiny little cabin kitchen and ate outside on the porch because it was a beautiful 65 degrees out. That was our warmest day, most days it was in the 20's or 30's in the mornings and heated up into the 40's or 50's....Burrrrrr. Cold for this Florida girl! Our next trip must be in warmer weather.
I even slipped in a little Black Friday shopping:) I made my sister in law, Jen get up with me at 5 am and go into town. She had never been Black Friday shopping and I never miss it! She said we were going out with all the "crazies"...it didn't take but one store to turn her into a crazy! We had so much fun.
We got to visit with Spring and the kids too! We met in Johnson City for lunch...not long enough! Hopefully we can find some $9.99 flights soon!
I did almost burn down the cabin while we were there too. We had a *minor* fire coming from the oven...only two foot flames. LOL, thank god Tommy was there to save the day, because all I did was do a jumping dance when I saw it!
It was a great trip and here are a few pictures:
























No comments:

Post a Comment